Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday!



Emilie and Anna turned 1 on March 3rd.  Can you believe it?  I can't believe the year has flown by.  Of course, I was so sleep deprived that I can't remember most of it...so maybe that explains it!  It seems like just yesterday they were the size of a football.  Now they are crawling everywhere, and Emilie is on the verge of walking. 

This past year we have learned so much... how to sit up, hold our own bottles, eat solid foods, crawl, pull up, "cruise" along furniture, give kisses, say "mama" and "dada", and Emilie's first distinguishable word is "Hi".  I'm fairly certain Anna/s can say dog, or maybe it's duck...either way, it's cute! 

For their 1st birthday we had a small, family celebration.  It was a lot of fun, and I know the girls enjoyed themselves.  Who wouldn't with all of the attention they got?  They weren't crazy about their cakes.  Infact, Anna cried.  Emilie didn't mind smashing it and taking a bite or two, but there wasn't a big show of smearing the cake all over themselves.  Easy clean-up, I guess! 

These girls sure are lucky, b/c they are getting a new house for their birthday!  We closed on our new home on March 2nd, the day before the big 0-1.  They will have so much space, inside and out, a great school to go to, and a preschool right next door.  We can even hear the church bells while inside our house! 

I know I've been slow to update the blog, but we've been a little busy lately.  However, I do have to say that if this blog didn't take so long to load pictures I would be a lot better at it.  I've had to give up and log off a time or two. 

Anyhow...here are some pictures. Not all of them are that great, but the preview is too small and it takes too long to download more.  Oh well!






No comments:

Post a Comment