Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy Easter!

I have been a total slacker when it comes to this blog.  But I have good reason.  We moved, my dog tore her ACL the day before we moved, she had surgery less than one week after we moved into our new house, we renovated our kitchen, and we're STILL unpacking.  It's alot people.  It's alot! 

Throughout all of the craziness, I knew the Easter Bunny was coming so we had to get ready.  I ordered new baskets and liners (still haven't gotten them monogrammed) so he could put lots of treats in Anna and Emilie's baskets.  The girls really enjoyed digging into their new goodies once we got back from church.  Speaking of church, we went to our new church for the first time on Easter.  Already like it so much more than our old church.  Dunwoody is such a family friendly area, with normal people.  Our old church was full of very wealthy people, and it just seemed so stuffy there.  I'm really happy to be in Dunwoody, and to be at a church I feel we can relate to more. 

As far as Dunwoody goes, it is AWESOME!  Aside from going to the zoo on Tuesday, I haven't had to leave a 2 mile radius of home.  Everything we need is right here.  It's so quick to get to the grocery store, the mall, Target, Costco, Home Depot...love it all!  We're really liking our new neighborhood, too.  As soon as we moved in a bottle of wine, a plate of brownies, and a twin issue of National Geographic was delivered to our home.  Our fairly new next door neighbors invited us over for dinner and, bonus, they seem to be into red wine as much as we are!  Another older man came and rang our doorbell to introduce himself, give us his contact info, and just welcome us.  As we take the babies on a wagon ride, we run into several neighbors and kids.  This Saturday is a neighborhood progressive dinner.  We're really looking forward to meeting our new neighbors! 

Our house is slowly but surely coming along.  We lived without a kitchen for 2.5 weeks.  It could have been worse...we are lucky to have a smaller refridgerator and sink in the mudroom, so it wasn't a total disaster.  The cabinets and countertops were installed last week, the double oven and dishwasher yesterday, and rangetop and vent hood tonight.  The bigger refridgerator isn't in production yet, so we won't get our hands on it until mid May.  I'm willing to wait b/c it's definitely the one we want.  We still have a ways to go in the kitchen (backsplash, lighting, window treatments and decor), but all of that will come in time.  Pics of the kitchen next time.

Here are a few pics we've taken since moving in.


Lovin this new fireplace


There's my belly button!


A and E LOVE their new chairs from Grammy!



The Easter Bunny came!



Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment