We've been battling acid reflux around here, but thankfully we think we have it under control...for the most part. Anna would scream (still does on occassion) at the top of her little lungs every time we tried to feed her, but she'd scream and cry because she was hungry as well. Poor little thing. It was horrible. Then she'd just pass out from crying so long and hard. So many mothers have told me that Zantac does not work, so I requested Prevacid since it blocks the acid instead of just soothing the burn like Zantac. But the dr. would not prescribe it! Sure enough, the Zantac did NOT work. Thankfully, she did prescribe the Prevacid....but what do you know, the stupid insurance wouldn't cover it. So, it's $158 per baby, per month. Yes folks, that's over $300 a month on meds. What was I going to do? Let me babies be in pain and starve? Don't think so. I'd love to call up Humana and have them come try and feed my baby when she's screaming and flailing just trying to get some milk down her tiny little throat. Stupid insurance people! Anyhow, the Prevacid seems to be working and life is so much better with two happy babies. Enough of the boring stuff, onto pictures. They aren't that great, but it's hard to catch them when they are clean, dressed cute, and making their cute little faces. But I can assure you, they are much much cuter in person.
2 months old
I've also had a great Mother's Day (so far). Charles let me sleep in a little while he fed the babies, then he made me a little breakfast and coffee, then gave me some very fancy shoes that the girls picked out, of course. :) We then went to Phipps mall to do a little shopping for the babies. I've been wanting to do that for a while, but it's hard to do alone in the short time span between feedings. With the two of us together it's much easier when we need to stop and feed. Anyways, we got them some really cute clothes from Hannah Andersen (or however she spells her last name). It's so hard to find cute everyday clothes for babies. Now onto filet mignon and a bottle of my favorite wine, Hope and Grace. It's been a nice day! I'm so happy to be a mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment