Thank you Jesus, we have a schedule. We're still tweaking it, but it's working WAY better than what we were doing before. After talking with a friend who has triplets, I decided to bare down and just do it. It was a rough 3 or 4 days getting them into the new swing of things, and we still have some rough patches, but they are adjusting nicely. We start the day at 8 am, and I feed Anna then Emilie, back to back, and I only give them 30 minutes each to feed. Before, they would just take their sweet little time eating and I'd be feeding all day (still do, but it's more predictable this way). Next, 11 and 11:30, then we head out somewhere for an hour or so to mix things up. I hate for them to have to sit in this house all day, every day. But we MUST be back by 2 pm or it's a nightmare. Most of the time it is anyways, with Emilie screaming because she's hungry before the 3 hour mark, but as much as I hate to hear her cry, sometimes I just have to let her (or Anna for that matter). Some people probably think I'm horrible for doing that, but the pediatrician said that's what I've got to do since I have twins, and I can't just go to the other one whenever she's crying. I have to say, I've gotten used to the crying. I don't like it, but it doesn't make my skin crawl like it used to. It used to REALLY get on my nerves! After the 2/2:30 pm feeding they go down for a nap in their cribs until 5 pm, the next feeding. Emilie is not the best day time sleeper. She does not like to nap, and when she does it's only for a few minutes. But I leave them (most of the time-unless one is having a complet meltdown) in their cribs until 5 pm. I want them to get used to naptime because Mommy needs a break! Not that my "break" is eating bon bons on the couch. Today I am updating my blog, doing laundry, washing bottles, and cleaning silver. Oh yeah, I might squeeze in a few pretzels for lunch. :) The rest of the day is so much easier from this point because Daddy comes home! Woop woop! Help comes home! Sometimes we get to eat dinner, sometimes we all go on a walk so Elsie gets fresh air (we really try to make sure she gets a walk every single day). The babies LOVE LOVE LOVE their Baby Bjorns (aka baby carriers). They could be screaming and crying, but as soon as we put them in those things and step outside, they are so quiet. Sometimes they even fall asleep in them on our walk. Love those things! Once we get home, bedtime feeding in their room and down for the night. We do wake them for a "snack" at 10:30 pm, which only takes about 30 minutes total, but it seems to hold them off until 2 am when we wake them again for another quick feed. We're weaning them off of the 2 am feeding, but without the 10:30 pm snack, they wake up at 3 or 4 am and I need them to sleep until 5 am for their next feeding to keep them on track. I need the schedule to work so life is more predictable. I can't believe I didn't stick with this in the beginning. Honestly, it's because I couldn't stand the screaming and crying so I would feed them to make them happy. I think they are doing better and like it so much more, too.
Here are a few pictures of the past few weeks. Nothing in particular, just some pictures I took randomly.
so close to catching a smile on camera...
Emilie thinks she's crazy. Crying for no reason.
Sweet wittle Anna Banana
Helping Mommy with Laundry. Okay okay, I just needed somewhere safe to put her while I put Anna on the play mat.
Sleeping during the day! Not for long, though...
Aaaaand....she's pooping on camera.
My sweet sweet Elise. I love this dog so much. She's always by my side (or under my feet as she is here). LOVE this puppy!
No comments:
Post a Comment