Monday, May 30, 2011

Finally....

both babies are sleeping through the night!  8 pm until 8 am!  The schedule is working!  Emilie will at times wake up at 7 am, but I'll take it!  I started the schedule a few weeks ago, and we started gradually decreasing their 2 am feeding, and sure enough at exactly 12 weeks, the babies have gotten the hang of it.  I have been following "The Baby Sleep Solution: Getting Your Baby to Sleep 12 Hours in 12 Weeks".  People have recommended "Moms on Call" but it doesn't say what to do for night feedings, and I didn't see just cutting them off cold turkey working for us. 

The babies are also taking their "cat naps" that the book refers to, and the big two hour crib nap in the afternoon. Emilie would fuss some during this time, but in order to get this schedule to work I had to do it.  Some people do not understand this, but until those people have two infants at once they really don't have any right to share their disapproval.  Actually, two infants or not, I'm the parent so I don't understand why they would feel the need to share their disapproval in the first place!  The nerve! I was reading another blog of a mom who has twins and she was at an outdoor party with her twin boys and they were in the pack n play crying because it was nap time. Two men didn't understand why a mom would do this to their babies. Little did they know, the mom was standing right there.  She explained to them (even though she did not have to) that sometimes you have to let your babies do this, and a lot of the time one twin is just tagging along in the crying bit.  People and their parenting opinions can take a hike!  Anyhow, at the end of the day it all worked out and my babies are doing GREAT! 

In other news, my mom came over on Saturday night so Charles and I decided to go out to a quick dinner.  What was to be a quick dinner turned into a lot of drinking.  We decided to take advantage of being out so we got a cocktail first, then ordered a bottle of wine.  We kinda lost the time and decided to take our wine down to the riverbank to enjoy the scenery (this a restuarant on the river and they have an outdoor bar and chairs set up on the bank).  I hardly ate anything that day, so by the time we got back up to the restaurant to eat I was already tanked.  Needless to say, it was not a good nights rest and a fun filled Sunday afternoon.  Won't be doing that again anytime soon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment