Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Tree

On Anna and Emilie's 9 month birthday, we went shopping for a Christmas Tree.  As much fun as it would have been to go to a Christmas Tree farm, we were too tired so we ended up at Pike.  When the girls are older we'll take them to pick out their own tree and do the whole farm experience.  Our cute little $29 tree looks just fine once we filled all the holes and gaps with ribbon and ornaments. 





And this is a sentimental goodbye to my stocking... My mom hand emboridered this stocking for me 34 years ago.  They don't make these crewel embroidery kits anymore, but luckily I found the exact same kit on ebay (for a hefty price tag!).  I have removed my name, will embroider Emilie's, and make another for Anna so the girls can have matching stockings...and I get away with only making one.   This way my stocking lives on! 

1 comment:

  1. Allison, how do you get the bow to stay in Anna's hair?? My Emily has very little hair but we have so many cute bows. Taylor's hair looks almost like your Emilie's hair, but still doesn't seem like a bow would stay in it.
    I love those Christmas tree shirts!!

    ReplyDelete