Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sick...

...in more ways than one.  Emilie, Anna and I all have a cold.  Daddy has been spared so far, but I have a feeling it's coming.  The cold doesn't seem to bother them as much as I thought it would.  They are sleeping and eating okay, but they sure don't like the nose suctioning.  Man, you'd think I was torturing them by the way they scream about it.  And it's really not fun taking care of two babies while being sick yourself.  Blahh...

I'm still sick to my stomach after our 9 month check-up.  While we were at the dr. I pointed out some red spots on Emilie's hand and wrist.  She's gotten them before, but they went away.  Didn't think much about it.  However, the dr. took me by surprise and was very serious about these spots.  She sent us to Children's immediately for bloodwork-a cbc.  She said the spots, petachia, could be an indicator of something going on in the blood (Leukemia).  I'm not sure what else was said at that check-up because "Leukemia" is the only word that was in my head.  We were supposed to get the results within a few hours, but someone at the lab messed up and sent the bloodwork out to be tested instead of doing it inhouse.  Luckily, our pediatrician had checked in to see where the results were, and the bloodwork was able to be returned to Children's and they had the results done that night.  We got a call from our dr. at 10 pm to tell us everything was okay.  PHEW.  Scared is an understatement.  Thank God she is okay....

Anyways, Anna weighs in at 22.2 lbs and Emilie at 20.14 lbs.  I honestly can't even remember the percentiles for Emilie, but Anna is 90% for weight and 75% for height.  I want to say Emilie is 75% for weight and 50% for height, but I can't be sure.  Who cares.  She doesn't have Leukemia!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment