Monday, March 21, 2011

Gasp..."Oh my God!!!" says the Doctor

That's what the oncall Dr. who hasn't seen me yet said with complete horror when I showed her my breast this morning. She then turned to the nurse and said she would like to see if they could get infectious diseases up here.  As she leaves, I get a text from Charles letting me know that he does indeed have Staph, and he emailed me his results from his dr.  As I'm reading through them, it states that his particular strain of Staph is resistant to the very antibiotic that I have been treated with since Thursday.  Nice.  I was told that this antibiotic is very wide spectrum and should cover just about everything.  So as raging mad as I am, maybe NOW we can start medicating me properly. 
I am also freaking out about the babies.  It's highly contagious and I know they've been exposed to it.  So now I'm just impatiently waiting for the pediatrician to call back with a plan of action.  I need to get this squared away RIGHT NOW at this very moment.  I'm not good at waiting for things to get done.  I also need to figure out the best way to sanitize my ENTIRE house while I'm in the hospital because I also want that done before I get home and contaminate it even more.  I'm so so so SO angry that this has taken me away from my 2 week old babies and has caused me so much pain.  The nurses keep asking me if my babies are coming to visit me in the hospital, but the very last place I want them is in this nasty, germ infested place that gave us Staph to begin with. 
P.S. If one more person tells me to stay positive I'm going to scream.  Try having severe morning sickness for 3.5 month, followed by surgery, 4 months of strict bedrest, carrying nearly 13 lbs of baby, a few minor complications from the painful csection recovery, and being taken away from your 2 week old babies due to a Staph infection causing Mastitis and see how positive you are after all of that.  There is no more positive left inside me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment