Wednesday, February 2, 2011

31 Weeks and Counting

And....we're back!  We took a little break from blogging because I found we didn't have much to blog about.  But that's about to change....big time!  Hopefully I'll have time to actually blog about our TWIN GIRLS who are on the way!  Official due date is April 2nd, but as most of you know, twins come early.  Full term is 37 weeks and that's when they typically like to make their appearance.  For us, that would be March 12th.  However, they like to come a little early, too.  We're just keeping our fingers crossed that we can make it to at LEAST 34 weeks.  The dr. says that it would be best to get to 34 weeks, but I do know PLENTY of babies that were born 29, 30, 31 and 33 weeks gestation who are perfect.  So, I'm happy to know we're in the "safe" zone. I remember thinking that we'd never make it to this point!  However, it would be nice to make it as far as possible to avoid long term NICU time.  I want to bring my babies home!

I finally have shower pictures from my shower that was on this day, so I'd like to share the few I do have.  It was so so pretty.  I couldn't have wanted a better shower.  I am so grateful my friends Emily and Olivia thought enough of me to throw me this GORGEOUS shower.  Everyone keeps saying how pretty it was...
Sweet Olivia who makes everything she touches beautiful!
Emily made the food and it was to die for!  Wish I had a picture of her....

As much as I'd like to post a recent pregnancy picture, I am technically challenged and can't figure out (okay, I'm really too lazy to figure it out) how to download pictures from our new fancy camera onto our computer.  But believe me when I tell you that I am enormous.  As of last week, the babies were about 4 lbs. each, so if you've had an 8 lb baby, just think back to how big you were and that's where I am...except I have 5.5 weeks to go!   I'll catch up on the pregnancy photos my next post.  But, I will leave you with two photos of Charles and I as babies.  I wonder who the girls will look like?
Charles...
                                                              
Allison....


No comments:

Post a Comment