32 weeks started out great! We had our second shower, a couples shower, that Charles' friends threw. It was the first time I had been somewhere other than Piemont Hospital since October 31st. So this was very exciting for me. It was so beautiful, and the hostesses put a lot of effort into it. The shower that my friends threw the weekend before was also insanely gorgeous, I couldn't believe it! I plan on posting pictures soon, but at the moment I'm a little tied up at the hospital.
Long story short, I went in to the perinatologist (high risk dr.) for my bi-weekly check-up, and she discovered that baby a's fluid is now really low. So she put me on a monitor to track the babies heart rates and sure enough, I was contracting like crazy. The dr. said she wanted to admit me for at least 48 hrs., if not the remainder of the pregnancy. She also said that due to baby a's fluid levels, she estimates a delivery of 35, MAYBE 36 weeks. I'm hoping I don't have to stay here that long! I've been on iv's, steroid shots to help boost the developement of the babies lungs, and terbutiline shots and now oral medication (to stop contractions). I HATE this medication. It makes my heart pound and race, and I jitter non stop. Even with the Ambien they gave me to help me sleep, I've been up since 3 am. Well, not to mention the insane acid reflux. If all goes well, one dr. said I could potentially go home tomorrow...with the oral terbutiline medication. Oh so fun!
Crazy to think these babies could be here in 3 weeks. One piece of good news is that they each gained a lb. in two weeks, so they are now 4 lbs 11 oz and 4 lbs 14 oz. If they stay put until 34 weeks, they should be close to 6 lbs each, which would make me very happy!
Halloween 2019
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment